PrintRed Lentil-Leek-Zucchini SoupPrep Time10 minsCook Time20 minsTotal Time30 mins
This soup is light in taste, but satisfying as it comes to nutrients and proteins. You won’t be left hungry! The herbs will boost your metabolism and digestion.Course: Main Course, SoupCuisine: All, IndianServings: 8 portionsCalories: 150 kcalIngredients
- 2 Leek
- 4 Carrot
- 2 stalks Celeri
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic
- 1 handful white cabbage
- 2 Zucchini
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cm fresh ginger grated
- 3 cm fresh turmeric grated
- 3 lime leaves fresh or dried
- 1 1/2 tsp Himalaya or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp oil or ghee
- 1 tsp asafoetida optional
- 1 cup red lentils
- Soak the lentils for some time(1/2 till 3 hours) and rinse before using.
- Take a big casserole and cover the bottom with oil. Put in all the herbs and fry until the seeds are popping. If asafetida is available, fry this first until the smell is released, then add the rest of the herbs.
- Add the onion and garlic, while stirring constantly. When turned lazy, add the rest of the vegetables and keep on stirring. Cover with a lid and let it sweat on a small flame.
- Add the salt and pepper, the rinsed lentils and cover with water.Let it come to boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Take out the lime leaves before mixing the soup for a creamy texture.
If you like it more chunky, simply leave the big pieces. You could also add some rice together with the lentils for a dinner soup.
Top with some parsley and black sesame seeds.
Some fine chopped green chili would work deliciously with the lime taste.