It keeps on amazing me how fast one week passes. On one hand it’s a good thing, cause then I have more time for special breakfast treats, like these delicious buckwheat blueberry pancakes.
Saturdays are often clean- up days, homework that has to be done, so it’s nice to have a firm, yet light breakfast. These pancakes keep you going all morning, are easy to digest and full of proteins and flavonoids. They function as antioxidants and prevent free radicals from doing harm to our organs. Blue berries score as one of the highest fruits in amount of flavonoids
This recipe is vegan and gluten-free, but you could also make them with an egg if you like that. They make a delightful platter on a brunch table as well!
The cinnamon helps in balancing the blood sugar level, which won’t peak that high if you use maple syrup. The grade C contains the most minerals, like zink and mangaan, and antioxidants. Make sure to buy good quality or you could end up with a jar of fructose-glucosesyrup with a taste of maple.PrintBuckwheat blueberry pancakesPrep Time5 minsCook Time10 minsTotal Time15 mins
These breakfast pancakes can keep you going the whole morning. You probably tried them before, but if you haven’t this recipe can be an inspiration for a new kind of breakfast.Course: BreakfastCuisine: AllKeyword: breakfast, buckwheat, glutenfree, veganServings: 4 peopleCalories: 200 kcalIngredients
- 200 g buckwheat flour
- 100 ml rice milk
- 100 ml water
- 1 tbsp erythritol
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch Himalaya salt
- 1 handful blue berries fresh or frozen
- maple syrup grade C
- coconut oil
- Mix the flour with the liquids, cinnamon, the erythritol and salt. When you have fresh blueberries you can add them in the dough. The batter should be fluid, homogeneous and not too liquid. If it’s too liquid, add a bit of flour.
- Heat some oil in a baking pan and pour 2 or 3 spoons separate in the hot pan. You’ll get 2 or 3 small pancakes at once.
- Spread the blueberries in the pancakes, in case you have frozen ones at your disposal. After a few minutes you should be able to easily flip over the pancakes.
- Gently press the berries so all the batter can become golden brown.
- It’s ready in a jiffy. Enjoy the sweetness of maple syrup or some honey if you like.