I really had a fun time yesterday, giving a workshop at the school of my kids on ‘healthy lunchboxes’. It was the idea of an other mom and I was most happy to join her! I even cancelled a yinyoga class for it.
Sorry, dear students, I really wanted to do this once. The school organizes this open workshop every month and I wasn’t able to join in before. And you know…they grow up soooo fast.
So let me share with you what we where up to!
What do all the kids love on their sandwich? CHOCOLATE SPREAD!!! Like, every one of them!
We all know its really rubbish food, but it tastes so good and it’s addictive too. There’s always a way to make it more healthy and still satisfy those tastebuds!
When I let the kids taste the bitterness of the cacao, they looked really surprised with their little noses going up, haha. When the spread was ready they loved it, though.
This paste isn’t as sweet as a industrial paste, and that’s just fine!PrintChocolate spreadPrep Time5 minsCook Time5 minsTotal Time10 mins The following recipe is heavy food ofcourse, but nevertheless contains good fats, no refined or added sugars, and pure raw cacao. The recipe was tested by 15 quirky kids and was found to be very good! You really gotta try it Course: Side DishCuisine: All, veganServings: 2 jarsIngredients
- 250 g cashews soaked overnight
- 8 or 9 dates pitted and chopped
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp heaped with coconut oil
- 3 tbsp raw cacao or to taste
- 2 jars
- Throw away the soaking water. Put everything in a blender and let it blend until smooth. Maybe it needs a little stir to get everything nice and smooth. Check if you want more sweet or more cacao, blend and tatataaaa…READY!
So easy. It takes about five minutes and a bit of washing up.