PrintRaw Cacao spelt browniesPrep Time10 minsCook Time20 minsTotal Time30 mins
Enjoying that heartwarming feeling of a cacao bomb is one of the best things, right? It is coming your way, with tis easy recipe that nourishes too. Isn’t that great news?!Course: Dessert, SnackCuisine: AmericanServings: 16 peopleCalories: 200 kcalAuthor: Valérie PasIngredients
- 3 tbsp flaxseed grounded
- 300 g almondpowder
- 300 g speltflour
- 6 tsp cornstarch or arrowrootpowder
- 200 g raw cacao
- 1/2 tsp fine seasalt
- 1 tsp sodiumbicarbonate
- 200 g pure chocolat at least 70% cacao
- a handful pure chocolate chips
- 200 g coconutoil
- 250 g brown cane sugar or jaggery sweet to taste
- 180 ml almondmilk unsweetened
- 1 tube vanille-essence
- 1 handful walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°. Set aside the flaxseed with a little bit of water so it becomes thick.This will work as binder instead of eggs, together with the almonds and cornstarch.
- Mix into a big bowl the almondflour, sifted cacao, speltflour, cornstarch, salt and bakingsoda.
- Put the chocolate and the coconutoil onto a small pit until melted. Take it off the heat and mix in the sugar, flaxseed, almond milk and vanille.
- Make a little hole in the dry mix and pour in the liquid mass, while constantly stirring.Make sure it becomes one homogene dough. When it feels dry, you can add a bit of milk or oil. It should be easy to spread, but quite firm too. Als het deeg te droog is kan je een scheutje olie en/of amandelmelk toevoegen. In the end mix in the chips and/or walnuts.
- Take a big square baking plate, after oiling it or covering it with baking paper. Make sure not to have nuts sticking out, while they will burn a little. You could use a piece of baking paper to spread and press all nicely with your hands.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for half an hour.Depending on the type of oven 20 minutes could be sufficiant. A brownie is at its best when chunky and chewy, so don’t let it cool of in the oven. When cooled down, cut into squares. You can keep them in the fridge for several days.On this batch I used white chocolate and coconut grater to finish.
Let your phantasy go free to decorate! Please let us know your nice creations in the comments. Enjoy, dear folks!