During this coronacrisis it has become more challenging for many to keep up with healthy lifestyle and food choices.
Staying indoors a lot, stress for some, boredom and loneliness for others…it drives us towards comfort food and more sugar. Yet it is more important than ever that we take care of ourselves.
Healthy foodchoices are made during shopping, so I decided not to buy any cookies or chocolate anymore. But we do like to eat some dessert once in while! Here’s what I came up with in our improvised kitchen here in Portugal. Probably the internet is exploding with similar recipes, but I discovered it all by myself
So nice to see the chemistry of dessertmaking work out perfectly!
PrintVEGAN HEART-SINGING CHOCOMOUSSEPrep Time10 mins
Use raw cacao for a nice cacaoboost. Cacao is used in ancient ceremonies to open the heart energy. You have to try it, to feel it!Course: DessertCuisine: lowcarb, vegan, vegetarianKeyword: glutenfreeServings: 4Ingredients
- 1 jar chickpeas for the aquafaba
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 5 tbsp raw cacaopowder
- 3 tbsp xylitol
- Put the chickpeas in a sift over a bowl, so you can get all the liquid. Set aside the chickpeas for some hummus or a veggiestew later on.
- Whisk the aquafaba like eggwhites.
- When it becomes white and fluffy, add the cacao and xylitol. Whisk some more to blend the flavours.
- Add the thick part of the coconutmilk. Leave the watery part and use is for a soup or smoothie.
- Mix this together gently. You should see it become nice and thick, yet fluffy like chocomousse.
- Taste and add some more cacao or xylitol if needed.